This I had to share with you!
By Michelle Obama
- Husbands….The reason why other women look attractive is because someone is taking good care of them. Grass is always green where it is watered. Instead of drooling over the green grass on the other side of the fence, work on yours and water it regularly. Any man can admire a beautiful woman, but it takes a true gentleman to make his woman admirable and beautiful.
- There is nothing that threatens the security of a wife than the thought of another woman competing for the attention or affection of her husband. Nothing is more painful, more disrespecting, more insulting, more belittling and degrading.
- When a husband puts his wife first above everyone and everything except God, it gives his wife the sense of security and honor that every wife hungers for.
- A Successful marriage doesn’t require a big house, a perfect spouse, a million dollars or an expensive car. You can have all the above and still have a miserable marriage. A successful marriage requires honesty, undying commitment and selfless love at the center of it all.
- Marriage flourishes when the couple works together as a team; when both husband and wife decide that winning together is more important than keeping score. A good marriage just doesn’t happen. They are a product of hard work.
- One spouse cannot build a marriage alone when the other spouse is committed to destroying it. Marriage works when both husband and wife work together as a team to build their marriage.
- Don’t take your spouse for granted. Don’t take advantage of your spouse’s meekness and goodness. Don’t mistake your spouse’s loyalty for desperation. Don’t misuse or abuse your spouse’s trust. You may end up regretting after losing someone that meant so much to you.
- Your children are watching you and forming lasting opinions on love, commitment and marriage based on what they see in you. Give them hope. Make them look forward to marriage.
- The people you surround yourself with have a lot of influence on your marriage. Friends can build or break your marriage, choose them wisely.
- Beware of marital advice from single people. Regardless of how sincere their advice may sound. Most of it is theoretical and not derived from real life experiences. If you really need Godly advice, seek it from God fearing, impartial and prayerful mature couples whose resolve has been tested by time and shaped by trials.
- Dear couples don’t underestimate the power of the tongue on your marriage. The tongue has the power to crush your marriage or build it up. Don’t let the devil use your tongue to kill your spouse’s image, self-confidence and aspirations. Use your tongue to build up your marriage and bless and praise your spouse.
- Lastly and most important, pray for your spouse every day; in the morning, in the afternoon and at evening. Don’t wait until there is a problem, a threat of an affair or a temptation comes your spouse’s way. Shield your spouse with prayer and cover your marriage with the fence of prayer.